The SubstiTUBEs sold by LEDVANCE meet all requirements contained in the relevant safety standard DIN EN 62776 (“Double-capped LED lamps designed to retrofit linear fluorescent lamps – safety standards”). This compliance is documented by certification from the German Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies, or VDE, the abbreviation of its German name.
Results of the key tests:
- The LED lamps are safe to use and operate, just like conventional fluorescent lamps:
- Protection against accidental touching of current-carrying components
- Compliance with clearance and creepage distances
- Security of lamp pins during installation of the lamps
- Approval for use in the G13 and G5 bases in terms of lamp weight and dimensions
- The LED tubes sold by LEDVANCE are included in the risk-free group (RG0) for photobiological safety. This means that they pose no risk to your skin or eyes.